A two-story home in Bailey Hollow was completely destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon when a gas line ruptured as the family was trying to thaw out the lines.
John Stewart and his 15-year-old son narrowly escaped injury. The two had no sooner walked away after setting a heat lamp to thaw out the lines gas lines when the fire broke out. Stewart’s 13-year-old daughter was not at home at the time.
By the time the Bailey Switch Fire Department arrived on the scene, the house was fully engulfed. Firefighters worked on the blaze for nearly two hours before bringing the blaze under control.
The Stewarts are currently staying with other family members.
The Bailey Switch Fire Department is taking donations of food, clothing and home furnishings to help the Stewart family during this time of need.
Anyone wishing to donate can contact Bailey Switch Fire Department President Adam Townsley at 622-9537.